Credit and Debit Cards
You can pay at Giftwarewales with the following cards:
- American Express
By selecting the option ‘Pay by card’ at the checkout.
Giftwarewales offers an alternative secure payment method via PayPal. You can pay with PayPal without entering your debit or credit card details.
1. How can I use PayPal?
Select PayPal as the payment method and follow the onscreen instructions. You will be redirected to PayPal where you need to choose the PayPal funding source you wish to use for your order.
You will then receive 2 emails, 1 from PayPal to confirm your payment and 1 from Giftwarewales to confirm your order.
2. Can I use PayPal without opening a PayPal account?
You can now pay with PayPal without the need to open an account. This means PayPal will not hold onto your details after purchase. PayPal limit the number of account free transactions to 10.
3. PayPal errors
Unfortunately sometimes there are problems creating or processing PayPal Orders. Here are some of the errors you might receive while creating your order:
- If you are redirected to an error page or do not receive an online confirmation email from us then it is likely that an error prevented the creation of the order at Giftwarewales. If you are not sure please log into your customer account. If the order does not appear there within 5 minutes then it was not successfully created. If you receive an email from PayPal stating that you have paid for your order but do not receive an email from Giftwarewales, please log into your account and check that the order was successfully created there. If it was not please Contact Us quoting your name, account email address, paypal account email address, the items that you ordered and any vouchers that you used. We will then be able to recreate the order and find your PayPal payment to link it to.
- If using Switch/Maestro with PayPal: While you are placing your order when you are redirected to PayPal they put you in a loop asking for your card details which are already registered with them and you have used with PayPal before. Even if you re-enter the details it brings up another error message. PayPal have suggested entering the details of a different card. If you need further help with this problem please contact PayPal.
- 'The buyer is restricted' - PayPal have placed restrictions on your account and we are unable to proceed with your order. Please contact PayPal to resolve this issue with them. Alternatively you may change your payment method and pay by card directly to Giftwarewales or call us on 01792687007.
- 'The buyer cannot pay, transaction rejected' - PayPal believes you are unable to pay for your order. Please contact PayPal and then let us know when the issue is resolved and we can retry to process your order. Alternatively you may change your payment method and pay by card directly to Giftwarewales.
Gift and Promotional Vouchers
To redeem your gift or promotional voucher, please follow the steps below:
- Select the item(s) you wish to order and add them to your basket.
- Enter your voucher code in the ‘Gift Vouchers’ box and press the ‘Add Code’ button to apply the discount to your order. If your order does not meet the terms of the voucher a message will be displayed. You may need to modify your order for the discount to be applied.
- Please then proceed to Checkout as normal to view your discount and any delivery charges.
Important information about gift vouchers:
- Gift Vouchers can be used to purchase any product on giftwarewales.co.uk apart from other vouchers.
- You don’t have to spend the whole balance of the Gift Voucher at once. We will keep track of the remaining balance which can be used at a later date.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase so make sure you redeem your Voucher in time!
- If you have been lucky enough to receive multiple Gift Vouchers you can use more than one Gift Voucher against an order by repeating the same process listed above.